Thursday, June 04, 2009

Fat Lad's Meme

I swore-off memes, really I did. But can I deny Fat Lad? when I'm the only one tagged?! This is way worse than a chain letter...after all, if one breaks a chain letter there are still four more people knitting it together. If I drop the ball on this one

it
dies whichmaynotbeabadthing.

aarrrghh!

The responsibility.

From somewhere west of Huddersfield in the UK, the call came out. It went like this:

When I was a young lad, we used to play a word and memory game called: “My old mother went to market” it went a little something like this:

Little Bobby: “My old mother went to market and all she bought was: Tomatoes”

Little Jimmy: “My old mother went to market and all she bought was tomatoes… and some potatoes” until it had traversed the circle of children to me:

Little Fat Lad: “My old mother went to market and all she bought was tomatoes and some potatoes and some carrots and some lettuce and … ” already the witty one ” a rocket powered cyber ninja weasel”

So the meme proceeds as follows:

You nominate a blogger who you know will respond and ask them to add to the list of things they have bought only in June that are cycling related. Come the end of June Fat Lad is going to try and track it’s course and see what we’ve all purchased in June

1. Fat Lad went to the bike shop in June and all he bought was: A new PC971 Sram Chain and a Cassete Spanner and a chain wear tool.

2. TOB went to the bike shop in June and all she bought was: a new pair of ruby red Sidis and some X-Series Cleats (but it's only the 4th!).
Hey Mike J, in honor of your soon FIRST blogiversary -- you get to carry the meme forward.

Blame Fat Lad.

- Baggie

4 comments:

Mike J said...

Holy Cow, it's only the 5th of June. This is actually a good thing because I now have a reason to buy something bike related. I've recently cut way back on the purchases since I bought my dream bike. Game on! Guess I "NEED" to go to my LBS tomorrow.

Leslie Morgan said...

Ha ~ I'm unlikely to go to a cycle shop for a purchase, but I like the meme! When my daughter was young we had a game played during hours of car travel: "My aunt Alice is going on a trip and in her suitcase is an aardvark." [Next person] "My aunt Alice is going on a trip and in her suitcase is an aardvark and a beer." Etc. for rounds and rounds and rounds. It was fun, it passed the hours and she developed a sharp memory!

Fat Lad said...

And the first step is taken :)

lets see how far it goes...

Doozyanner said...

Oh dear, I would hate to see in writing what I spend at my LBS this month! Fun idea though. It reminds me of "Flat Stanley." http://www.flatstanley.com/