Friday, February 22, 2008

5:30 in February


I wanted so badly to enjoy my weekend of skiing. Monday off. I had THREE DAYS to do nothing but forget work and go skiing. As the weekend got closer, my attitude soured and I didn’t feel like heading out of town...and I always want to get outta Dodge for a few full days of skiing until I drop.

On Saturday, we skied close to home because I was tired.

And on Sunday, when we hit the hilly place that I love that is only open for a fraction of the season because conditions have to be nearly perfect to even allow skiers on the trails, I was tired...the melt-into-a-puddle-right-where-I’m-standing tired.

Monday, I woke up with the latest crud. A vacation day no less. I’ve been home from work since then, but there’s been plenty to do around my office that has had me sitting on my backside, resting-up, yet somehow feeling productive in between naps and looking out the window.

And speaking of looking out the window, have you realized that it used to be dark by 5:30?

- OB thinkin' a quick spin on the Nokians sounds great, but I'd better sleep on it!

4 comments:

Fat Lad said...

Go.

Go Ride.

Go Ski.

Go Hike.

Just Go.

Fat Lad

The Old Bag said...

too tired

just

too tired

to

GO

bluecolnago said...

happy friday! :)

Eclectchick said...

Ohno! How utterly unfair.

Here's to you being de-crudded soon. Preferably before the snow goes bubbye.

Surely there'll be more white stuff in the next month. That is, if places such as Madison quit hogging it all. ;-D