So, Lunatic, Pete and Shawn passed the baton or maybe I've been hit with it, not sure yet and I get to tell you five things about myself that you may not know.
1. My baloney has a first name
2. My hairdresser really doesn't know
3. I'm obsequious, purple and clairvoyant
4. People hate me because I'm beautiful
5. I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today
And if you recognize all five of those, you're at least as old as I am.
1. I used to paint. Not walls, but on canvas. I drew also...and chalked and sewed and played the flute and built stage sets and ran track and played basketball and wrote -- some of those things up until just a few years ago, a couple still. And, by a stroke of luck I was halfway decent at it, not great by any means, but decent. I was one of those kids who could've been great at something if I'd have applied myself heard that before? It took until I was in my 30s for me to realize the thing I'm really good at is trying small bits of everything. There's always something more out there to understand. AND, it serves me well in my profession -- I get the computer geek, the jock, the art nerd, the musician because I've been there.
2. I don't want to be a teacher anymore. I like what I do. I'd just rather not have to be somewhere every day.
3. I believe the Brady Bunch lied. I know. We tried putting together two families and it just wasn't all smiles and Alice.
4. My latest nickname was Weezie, but I'm only called that by buds from back home...other nicknames have been Bean, Ruby, Umbie, and Jeanne-Weenie in her Teeny Bikini damn you Markey Odegard!
5. Joey Peterka's crying was music to my ears. I was five. It was Kindergarten. We got four-pronged TB tests in school. I'll never forget lining up, rolling up sleeves, and one-by-one holding out our arms, squeezing our eyes shut, and getting the four-pronged prick. The class bully, Joey Peterka, couldn't or wouldn't? move his sleeve up very far so he got the stick on his inner wrist. I cringed as I watched the poke. There was a split second of silence, then my eyes got big as Joey howled and cried real tears. Looks of amazement crossed the room as he went to the teacher for comfort. No one else cried. Joey lost his power that day.
Sending the tag along to the four corners and across the sea: Tim, XBunny, George, Juancho, Alberto
- TOB being triple-tagged, does it mean I need to write 15 things?!