Thursday, June 01, 2006

Girlfriend

a baiku


Betty and me, we
go way back like girlfriends do
time spent together

she hangs out content
to pick-up when life settles
because she knows why

we're like that, Betty
and me, we depend upon
the strength of the bond

the history behind
what is now means we always
start up where we left

and we always leave
on good terms, Betty and me,
we lock side glances

when time finally
welcomes us to fly with the
breezes down the road

- tob waitin' to take-off

3 comments:

C. P. said...

Congrats to you and Betty for finding such a wonderful stretch of asphalt to share. Where is it?

Anonymous said...

I've been visiting your blog more or less every day for the last 6 months and I feel that you're a friend, even though you don't know I exist!! I'm an ocean away in the UK and we only have one thing in common - I too am an old lady on a bicycle. However, I only cycle to get from A to B, and I've only been doing that for the last 5 years. Even so, I find your blog fascinating and I enjoy your humour.

That photo amazes me - I can imagine the thrill of cycling down that hill (although it would scare the s**t out of me!) but I can't imagine even pushing the bike up it, let alone cycling......

The Old Bag said...

Hey CP -- this stretch happens to be in Quebec outside Notre Dame des Bois...one of the toughest stretches of road ever because it goes on and on and on. We could see it all day, but never got there.

Hi Judy! -- glad you de-lurked! Glad to have another kindred spirit (we probably have more in common than you think).

The shot was part of a trip I did last summer through Maine and Quebec -- this stretch played a mental game with us all day.