Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blockin' out the Scenery, Breakin' my Mind


And the sign said anybody caught trespassin' would be shot on sight


So I jumped on the fence and I yelled at the house, "Hey! What gives you the right?


"To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in"


"If God was here he'd tell you to your face, Man, you're some kinda sinner"


Sign, sign, everywhere a sign


Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
 

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?


- OB with a bike that can go anywhere, but she's not allowed....

8 comments:

BoaB said...

I hope you don't put a sign on your blog that says, "And the sign says you got to have a membership card to get inside-Uh!!" Loved the FMEB.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Dang, did you lose access to a trail? That makes my stomach hurt!

Linda said...

Agreed, FMEB probably rode too!

The Old Bag said...

@HWB -- didn't lose a trail, but it's tough to find a great place to drive the fatbike close to the city. The singletrack around here is tight because it makes great use of small spaces, but it's more fun on a nimble mtb with some suspension. Some of the best fatbike fun is on fire roads, hiking trails, horse trails, beaches, and multiuse trails but our county parks are pretty specific. I guess they're justified--in the past when mountain biking was allowed on hilly xc ski trails, it did cause a ton of erosion and gullies (however the fatbike doesn't make a dent). And, I suppose a bicycle would cause issues with horses.

* Sigh *

jeff said...

Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me. I'm alive and doin" fine!

Groover said...

Sucks!

Joboo said...

OB,
Nice post!
Consider yourself lucky also.
Why you ask??
The 4"' tires really throw up the dog bombs, earlier this spring, I can only imagine how high they'd throw the horse super bombs!!
;))

Peace

Juancho said...

Sometimes you just have to go rogue and damn the torpedoes.